Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hooray it is week-end

Hello!!

I have had such a busy week, what with deadlines as well as having to get the kids ready for the start of the new school year next week!!

Deadlines were met and school clothes were sorted!! This left me with a little bit of time on my hands to get some scrapbooking in and a little card making too. I am reviving this old passion of mine...something that was left in the dark when I discovered the spell-binding world of scrapping.

I have started a fabulous K&Co 8.5" x 8.5" album, dedicated to only pictures of my husband and I or ones of us with our kids. As I am not a chronological or theme scrapper, this is the first theme album I have done since baby albums for each of my children. My aim with this album is to use mostly free stash, you know, the pages and embellishments you recieve by the bundle in Scrapbooking and Cardmaking mags. So far I have managed to successfully complete 6 pages, and still haven't lost sight of my original goal. I only add cardstock if necessary, and then I am trying to use up my scraps. I am hoping to make a true "scrap" book!!

The cards I have made have been quite fun. When I manage to settle down, I will post a card class on the blog, and those of you who are interested, are more than welcome to join.

With some luck, I will have the craft get togethers' starting next week. So far I have set aside Monday and Wednesday mornings at my house. E-mail me if you want more info.

Please don't forget to come back regularly to see if there are any new developments, or if I have found some new treasures I would like to share...

Until next time...

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment