Friday, January 14, 2011

Budget Challenge

Hello ladies !!


I hope you enjoyed the blog hop :D


This week I asked our fabulous DT to come up with 3, yes THREE layouts, for less than AED 20 (US$5).  I find that doing a budget challenge like this, it not only encourages you to think out the box and get creative with items you would normally throw away or not consider for a layout, but it also stirs up those creative juices, because you REALLY need to think about what you are doing!!!


Here is what the DT has come up with and as always, we would love to see what you can come up with on this sort of a budget :D


Heba:



The paper was a gift from my sister in law :) - FREE
I cut out a card that my son made for me on mothers day and I stuck his pic on it - FREE
Chip board came in a pack. I painted it and glossed it with diamond glaze - AED 2.00
TOTAL - AED 3.00 




 
I used a cereal box, cut it out into circles - FREE
I used a milk cap and stuck one of my stickers in there -
2 sticker strips - AED 2.00
Paper - AED 3.00
TOTAL-  AED 5.00 





This layout I did at a make and take at a local craft store.
Paper - FREE
I used an old CD, covered it with paper AED 2.00
Flowers received in RAK - FREE
Journal tag AED 2.00
TOTAL - AED 4.00 


TOTAL FOR ALL THREE LAYOUTS AED 12.00






Boo:





Kaisercraft -Deck the halls  (Ivy)paper on sale - AED 2.00 
Kaisercraft Chrismas tabs-booklet on sale - AED 5.00
Sleigh tape on sale AED 3-00/roll 

TOTAL - AED 10.00





Scrappy Cat (Vintage Paper-Glamour Purple) AED 2.00
Butterfly - off of kids Barbi package - FREE
Fower-Heidi Grace, pack received as gift with purchase - FREE
Glitter brad old stash
Vellum Quotes AED 5.00

TOTAL-  AED 7.00





Bella: Melrose Vintage Paperz - AED 5.00
Black Cardstock - AED 3.00
White and Organza ribbon bits from my old stash
Letters-Paper Chic old stash 
Christmas Tree brad-my old stash


TOTAL - AED 8.00


TOTAL FOR ALL THREE LAYOUTS AED 25.00




Hana:






Black Cardstock - AED 3.00
This layout "Bloom" is made using Prima paintable paper - AED 10.00.  
I have cut out the frame from the paintable paper and
colored it in with copic markers. Then I have applied clear Rock candy crackle paint on the colored area.
I then stamped the word "Bloom" and made the O's with flowers and sprayed them with glimmer mist.
The Journaling is done on post-it papers.



TOTAL -  AED 13.00





Cardstock - AED 3.00
For Layout 2 I used a brown clothing tag, Tim holtz products packaging paper and Prima packaging .
The photo frame is made by the tag , Prima packaging and the word Ideology from Tim's packaging.
the lower right embellishment is made from paper rolling using Tim's packaging.

TOTAL - AED 3.00





Cardstock - AED 3.00
For Layout 3 I have used handmade fabric flower, 6x6 paper pad cover, Prima packaging .
The butterflies and the top right embellishment is made from Prima packaging. To frame the photo I have used the 6x6 paper pad cover.
The Title is done through Picket fence crackle paint using stencils - all
FREE

TOTAL - AED 3.00

TOTAL FOR ALL THREE LAYOUTS - AED 19.00

Riri:

"Finally , finally I could finish these ….. such a fun challenge!!! I really have to crack my head to get 20dhs for all three layouts …. You know that even a cardstock would cost 4-6 dhs here in Dubai, let alone the embellishment !!!!

So for all three, I just used the normal 150gm textured white paper that we can find anywhere here, A4 size, the cost will be 1dhs each only. For each layout I used one or two papers.

Thanks so much for the challenge, this has made me realized that we can create something from just a very simple and cheap supplies."




Two sheets of white A4 cardstock - AED 3.00 
- misted one of them and stitched both together. 
Got the punched out circles from photocopy paper. 
The hot air balloon was stamped on the same type of cardstock and cut. That’s it!!!

TOTAL - AED 3.00




 

A sheet of white textured cardstock -  AED 1.00
I  printed the writing and just used some alpha leftover for the ‘happiness’ - FREE 
The circle colored papers are just a punched out from Carrefour catalogue and stitched to the paper with black thread - FREE

TOTAL - AED 1.00



Again, two sheets of white A4 cardstock - AED 3.00
printed the writing and cut out before adhering it to the paper. 
Punched out white butterfly from just photocopy paper  - FREE
Lulu doilies - already for home use - FREE
button that I got as extra button from clothes - FREE

TOTAL - AED 3.00

TOTAL FOR ALL 3 LAYOUTS - AED 7.00

Jo:


Printed Paper - AED 5.00
Manilla packaging tag, taken off gift and recycled as a pull out journalling tag - FREE
Title is stamped on - FREE

TOTAL - AED 5.00


Printed paper AED 3.00
Frame around photo is hand drawn with a Zig writer - FREE
All other embellishments are stamped images - FREE

TOTAL - AED 3.00


Printed paper AED 3.00
Frame painted with back paint - FREE
Owl image, paint splatters and title stamped with white ink - FREE

TOTAL - AED 3.00

TOTAL FOR ALL THREE LAYOUTS - AED 11.00

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you have fun trying out your own budget challenge :D

Be inspired

Jo



2 comments:

  1. very cool jo! you know, i love to scrap on a budget ;)
    have a very awesome day!! :)

    xoxo, rahel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rahel

    Looking forward to more of your silhouette creations :D
    Mine is gathering dust at the moment :( I must really get into it again

    Jo

    ReplyDelete