Tuesday, September 18, 2012

PROJECT LIFE - "Week 9"

Welcome back to Project Life Tuesday

Week 9, 4th -11th August 2012, was filled with much excitement, as it snowed in my home country, South Africa.  It was apparently the first time in recored history that it snowed in all 9 Provinces on the same day.  Facebook was ABUZZ with comments and pictures of the snow from all over the country...


LEFT PAGE:


RIGHT PAGE:





Getting a dog was such a blessing for our family.  Matthew is just smitten with little Zinga :D


This was a picture that flew around Facebook on August the 7th.  It was of the lions in the Johannesburg Zoo, in the snow.  So stunning.



I dedicated a lot of time during the summer holidays to my Project Life album.  It was worth taking a photo of and documenting.



I decided to sign up for a class on Big Picture Classes.  It is the Amy Tangerine Creative Juices class.  It included several handouts with lots of ideas.  I really loved it and  made a mini book journal from one of the tutorials included in the class.  You can see my post on the mini book HERE.  I have recently used the mini book to record our 2 night getaway to Fujairah in the beginning of September.  I will be writing a post on the album soon.



Looking back on the summer Project Life pages, it appeared that a lot of my days were filled with food...a family friend has written a cook book, using recipes from his restaurant in Cape Town.  All the recipes are home food and totally delicious.  There are just a handful of recipes I have not tried as yet.  The ones I have done have been a huge hit in our home, with regular requests for one in particular, the Homemade Chicken Pie.  The restaurant is called Fraiche Ayers.  You can visit their website HERE.

Keep preserving your memories and Happy Scrapping!!

Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment