Friday, July 27, 2018

Southerngals5x7 Challenge

Hello all you fabulous creative humans!

The very lovely Tiffany over at @southergals_designs on Instagram has posted a fantastic creative challenge for us.

The rules are simple.
Create every day for for only 5 minutes for 7 days, starting on Sunday 29 August 2018, and ending on Saturday 04 August 2018.


I for one am super excited about this challenge.  I am not very good with challenges and end up petering out mid way through, usually because life gets in the way and I end up not being able to complete the required tasks.  BUT, being only 5 minutes for 7 days, I feel the is the kind of commitment I can confidently make.

I have prepared a few things for the challenge, as 5 minutes is not a lot of time!!


I have chosen to do this challenge in a Moleskine Pocket Sketchbook that I have had waiting on the sidelines for the perfect opportunity to debut itself.  I have prepared some faces by the lovely and talented @weelili_art on Instagram, as well as some fabulously witty quotes from Dyan Reavely's Dylusions stamps by ranger, called Laugh Til You Leak.


As for the other collage elements, I have set aside a page from a novel, a burlap tag, gel plate clean off prints, brown bag scraps, Tim Holts Tissue Wrap (Melange & Postale).

Along with the collage elements above, I will be limiting myself to a small selection of paints and tools.

  • Gesso - Liquitex Professional
  • UHU Glue stick
  • Palette knife #4
  • Pentel Pen-Touch Paint Pen 2.0mm (White)
  • OHTO Fudeball 1.5mm (Black)
  • Lyra Graphite stick (9B)
  • Sharpie China Marker (Black)
  • Spray bottle with water
  • Creative Hands - Flower Doily Stencil
  • DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paint
    • Quinacridone Violet
    • Primary Cyan
    • Cobalt Teal Blue
    • Yellow Green Light
    • Hansa Yellow Medium
    • Dairyide Yellow
    • Quinacridone Gold
    • Paynes Grey
  • DecoArt Metallics Acrylic Paint
    • Splendid Gold
    • Shimmering Silver
  • DecoArt Neons Acrylic Paint
    • Sizzling Pink

I am hoping there is enough inspiration in this little bundle to create something beautiful every day for 7 days.

If you would like to join along, tag your work with #southerngals5x7. 

I will be posting the pages I create daily on YouTube (Josocrafty) and photos on my Instagram @josocrafty.

Happy creating talented earthlings!!

Jo
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment