Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Art Journal Process - Puffin

Well hello gorgeous earthlings!!!

So fabulous to see you again and if it's your first time here, welcome to my little blog!

Today I would like to share my experience with you of filming my first "live" YouTube video.

Many, many years ago, when YouTube was an infant, and I had no grey hair, I posted a few videos using still images. But, in keeping up with the times, I decided it was time to run with the dogs and film "live" process videos.  I touched on my setup in my previous post so I won't go into that again and if you would like to see my setup as well as my workspace during filming, please visit the previous post.

Back on topic. Once I had all the equipment in place, I went about filming myself creating an art journal page, trying to keep my head out of the shot (mildly successful), being carful not to bump the camera, and hopefully trying to stay in screen throughout the process (managed that most of the time).

All in all, I had about an hours worth of footage, which I know for sure would be way more time than I have available to watch YouTube.  After fumbling my way through the editing software, I ended up with just over 10 minutes of footage that was good to go.  Now the easy part, right?  Voice over.  WRONG!!! What can I say?  There is a reason I never use the voice message option....I don't like the sound of my own voice!!!  (My husband doesn't agree, he says I really enjoy using it, all the time, spending way more than my allotted 4000 words per day on him alone!!)

After several attempts to record a suitable voice over, I succumbed to adding captions instead and quite frankly, I enjoy this a little better, not only from my odd perspective, but from a viewing option too.

All new respect to all those fabulous people who not only successfully film videos, but manage riveting successful voice overs.  I bow in your glorious presence!!!

That brings us to....

*drum roll"


THE FIRST VIDEO, well, kind of!!

Here are some pictures and close ups of the page, and click here for the link to the video.







If any of you out there are thinking about sharing your talents on social media, I encourage you to do so.  Haters will hate, and they just need to be ignored.  Sharing your talents and abilities is a gift given, and far more people will appreciate than hate.

Thanks for stopping by!  If you want to see some more of my pages, please follow me on Instagram.  Click the link on the side bar or look up @josocrafty.

Later humans!!

Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment