Saturday, August 4, 2012

HIPSTA Love

Hello, hello!!!

A few weeks ago, I started using Instagram a bit more, and just LOVE the photos.  I was browsing through Becky Higgins blog and saw her post on her recommendation for iPhone Apps.  Amongst them was Hipstamatic.  I decided to take the leap and download the App onto my phone.  OH MY GOSH!!!  I ran my battery flat in about 2 hours just happy snappy-ing anything and everything in site, using all the different films and lenses and flash options.  I am totally in love with this App.

The next day I had a look at the add ons for the "camera" and bought the America HipstaPak.  This included a new lens, 2 new films and a turquoise camera case...(yes, it's all virtual BUT is still fun to do :D).  I had to do a layout on my new "camera"......


I literally threw this page together in about 20 minutes and it is one of my favorite pages at the moment.  

I used paper from a 6" x 6" paper pack by Basic Grey called what's up and some scraps from a Kaiser Craft 6,5" x 6,5" called Humming Bird.  (what I cut off when sizing the pages to fit my PL album).  I added a scallop butterfly tag and the clouds from the Paper Inklings Bright Day die cut sheet and finally some strips of washi tape.  For the title I used Amy Tangerine Thickers called Goodness and added a little punched out heart.

I would like to share with you my personal choice Apps which can be used as a great tool for scrapbooking....


Instagram is a free app and offers many different preset options for pictures.  It is also a mini social network where you can share photos with others on Instagram.  Photos can be shared to severals social networks

Next up is Hipstamatic.  Well, this is a beauty where you can choose your option of lens/film/flash combos to create your very own custom looks.  The App costs $1.99 and comes with several different lenses and film options.  You are also able to buy add on lens/film/camera/flash packs from $0.99.  Photos can be shared to several social networks

BeFunky is a free or Pro App. You can add effects and frames of all kinds to your existing photos.  Photos can be shared to several social networks

iQuickDoF is available in free or Pro is a Tiltshift lens and is great for playing around with your photos to create depth of filed images on your existing photos.

InstaCollage is available in free or PRO and is a great app to create photo collages of your photos and print or share to other social network.

Collage is a free App and allows you to create fun collages.

At this point in time my iPhone is my most useful scrapbooking tool around.  I am amused at the fact that I have been striving for the most pixel per inch, highest definition cameras which offer the most crisp clear photos for years, and now I am, striving for the most vintage looking, grainy photos I can, using my "state of the art" technology....Oh, forever wanting what we don't have :p

Keep Crafting!!!

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment